VSD of the mixed type
The diagnosis of VSD (vegetative-vascular dystonia) of the mixed type is made in adults and children when a mass of symptoms are identified that are not related to each other and pathology, treatment is prescribed based on the current condition of the patient. As a rule, changing the daily routine, physiotherapy helps to cope with the negative state. In some cases, you need medication.
An imbalance in the work of the vegetative system occurs at any age, in a representative of any social stratum. It is impossible to start such a condition, since over time the symptoms intensify and worsen. As a result, it leads to serious complications.
There is no diagnosis of a mixed type of VSD disease in the international classification, then what is it? Doctors view this as a syndrome that combines a variety of symptoms that indicate instability of the body’s autonomic system.
The disorder occurs as symptoms of a disease of the internal organs of the whole organism. So it is extremely important to understand during the examination what caused the development of such ailment.
Doctors believe that mixed vegetation dystonia develops due to:
- a genetic predisposition transmitted from parents, acquired during the gestation period due to the mother’s unhealthy lifestyle;
- social factors: insufficient, unhealthy diet, alcohol, drug abuse, smoking;
- poor ecology in the place of residence;
- hormonal changes in the body (puberty, menopause, diseases of the endocrine glands);
- sedentary, hypodynamic lifestyle;
- excessive physical and psychological stress;
- traumatic brain injury;
- diseases of the central nervous system, stroke.
A person, once faced with the symptoms of dystonia, must maintain a healthy lifestyle so that a relapse does not occur.
The peculiarity of the disease is in the variety of symptoms that often change over time.
When contacting such a patient, a thorough diagnosis of all internal organs of the body is needed. Only by excluding other pathology and diseases, we can talk about dystonia.
Against the background of mixed VSD, several blocks of signs are distinguished, which appear separately or in combination with each other. Among them:
- Digestive problems. Nausea, vomiting, sudden diarrhea or constipation, impaired appetite. This problem can occur in both young children and adults.
- Violation of the heart rhythm, pain in the chest and heart area.
- Headaches for no apparent reason (cephalgic syndrome).
- Attacks of sensation of heat throughout the body, followed by chills. The temperature on the thermometer can range from 35.5 to 37.5.
- Blood pressure problems. It can suddenly rise (hypertensive type) or descend (vagotonic or hypotonic). Simultaneously with such leaps, there are signs of such conditions: headache, tinnitus, light-headedness.
- Disorders of the genitourinary system appear in adults. Frequent urge to urinate, lack of orgasm, impotence are frequent companions of pathology after 30 years.
The course of the disease often affects the character of the patient. Attacks of tearfulness are replaced by aggression, increased anxiety, depression, sleep disorders.
With a mixed type of VSD, there are manifestations of symptoms in a complex, sometimes simultaneously from several directions at once. This frightens the patient, and the doctor can push on the wrong diagnostic path.
If you ignore poor health and leave untreated, easily relieved symptoms progress to chronic. Against this background, the pathology of internal organs and the brain may already develop thoroughly.
Typical complications of mixed vascular dystonia:
- hypertension, arterial hypertension – frequent drops in blood pressure are transformed into an independent disease;
- organic pathology of the gastrointestinal tract – due to constant problems with the regulation of function, a stomach ulcer, cholecystitis, pancreatitis develops;
- there is a high risk of serious pathologies of the heart and blood vessels;
- severe depression, curable only by medication.
Do not delay the visit to the doctor and diagnostics if you feel unwell. Otherwise, instead of a fairly easily treatable syndrome, a serious chronic disease will develop.
Identification of mixed vegetative dystonia in women and men begins with interviewing the patient and a thorough examination. The doctor tries to identify all the symptoms that have manifested, to determine the direction of further examination.
The main task of diagnostics with such a presumptive diagnosis is to exclude the possibility of other somatic diseases. Therefore, a complex of studies, analyzes and tests is being carried out.
A typical diagnostic algorithm includes:
- standard general blood and urine tests;
- analysis for thyroid hormones, gonads;
- Ultrasound of the abdominal and chest cavity organs;
- chest x-ray;
- dopplerography of the vessels of the neck, brain.
- MRI of internal organs, brain;
- electrocardiography of the heart, (including monitoring), to exclude possible pathologies.
Consultations with doctors of related specialties are appointed, allowing to establish or exclude the presence of other pathologies.
Only after it is established that the patient has exactly a mixed type of VSD, the therapist decides how to treat it, based on the individual characteristics of the patient.
The way to recover is a complex treatment that combines medications, physiotherapy and psychotherapy. Each of the components performs its own function.
Physiotherapy for vegetative-vascular dystonia of the mixed type is aimed at eliminating problems with blood vessels, improving physical fitness. And it is indicated in all treatment regimens for such patients.
The best results are given by:
- bioresonance therapy;
- the use of vortex fields;
- transcranial magnetic stimulation;
- acupuncture or acupuncture, reflexology;
- Exercise therapy, for each patient a set of exercises is developed, depending on the physical condition;
- neck and neck massages.
Competent psychotherapy is no less valuable factor in a speedy recovery. The doctor helps the patient to cope with the problems that are of concern to him, teaches him how to respond to stress correctly, and analyzes the inherent gestalts.
Taking medications is needed to relieve gross symptoms with VSD mixed. type. The doctor may prescribe:
- drugs to improve blood circulation, microcirculation;
- medicines to normalize the heart rate.
As a rule, a person with a similar syndrome needs to reconsider their rhythm of life. Include more rest, useful activity in it, normalize the diet by adding products to it that prevent attacks of dystonia.